Our Pre-School Program continues to build on and reinforce the skills learned from our Junior Pre-School Program. Our private kindergarten in Burlington teaches kids to learn and master:
• language and literacy skills through our Learning to Read Program,
• vocabulary development,
• printing skills,
• math skills – adding patterning and measurement activities to the program,
• personal development skills – where sharing becomes important,
• cognitive skills through our “Brain Building” activities,
• science exploration and experimentation,
• the arts – painting, music and drama.
Roots & Shoots is continued as an enrichment activity.
New to the program is French. In addition, Wiz-Tech, an activity that promotes problem-solving, is introduced.
Our teaching is done in small groups to encourage the children to focus on the importance of listening and waiting one’s turn. A typical day will see the children participate in three teaching rotations in the morning and two rotations in the afternoon.
By the time the children have completed our Pre-School Program, they are ready and eager for the challenges that lie ahead in Brant’s Two-Year Academic Private Kindergarten in Burlington.