Brant Pre-Schools was started in 1967 by Joe and Wendy Kormos. They saw a need for quality child care in Burlington and started a small program in a house facility. However, their reputation grew as did the need for child care, and so Brant Children’s Centre was built in 1972 at 3180 New Street in Burlington.
Heather and Peter Knoepfli purchased Brant Children’s Centre in 1980. Over the past 30 years, they have improved the facility, programming, playgrounds and staffing to make it one of the best child care centres in Burlington. Brant’s Comprehensive Learning Curriculum is now well-developed. It has continued to evolve as child and family needs continue to change in the 21st century.
Why Choose Brant as Your Child Care Centre?
• A strong management team has been in place for over 30 years.
• Brant has excellent resources, including an independent “school” building.
• Our staff are competent, experienced, qualified and they love children.
• Brant has been a leader in developing innovative programs such as Roots & Shoots and Wiz-Tech.
• Our Two-Year Academic Kindergarten has become known as an excellent alternative to the Board’s “play-based, child-directed” kindergarten as we focus on academic core subjects and enrichment activities.